They may have to install computer security software, conduct regular security audits, prepare security status reports, and assist in disaster recovery. We’ve teamed up withZipRecruiterso you can get access to job alerts, digital badging and more. Be sure tosync your credentials on ZipRecruiteras you continue to grow within the tech industry.
Which are the top companies offering Network Security Specialist jobs?
Top companies hiring for Network Security Specialist jobs are Azadea, Accor, PwC, IBM and EY. Additionally, Network Security Specialist opportunities can be found across many other companies.
These professionals also educate coworkers on best practices, as breaches may occur accidentally or deliberately by bad actors within their companies. Cybersecurity specialists must remain up to date with changes in the field by researching emerging threats and fixes. Cybersecurity specialists perform crucial work in protecting sensitive digital information and communications. These professionals work with public and private employers of all sizes to ensure the safety of data for customers, government entities and healthcare organizations.
A Day in the Life of a Security Specialist
To the best of our security specialist, all content is accurate as of the date posted, though offers contained herein may no longer be available. The opinions expressed are the author’s alone and have not been provided, approved, or otherwise endorsed by our partners.
In terms of higher education levels, we found that 9.5% of network security specialists have master’s degrees. Even though most network security specialists have a college degree, it’s possible to become one with only a high school degree or GED. CompTIA PenTest+ teaches the skills required of a network security specialist. Some network security specialists research, evaluate, recommend and implement other security devices as well. This could include installing computer security software, conducting regular security audits, assisting in disaster recovery and gathering evidence regarding cybercrimes. In this course, you’ll learn how to protect organizational cloud infrastructure by optimizing security using tools like Azure Advisor.
The final tutorial in this course focuses on common regulations and mandates. The concluding exercise directs learners to describe legal and compliance issues in the cloud.
They should offer a technical assessment of cyber threats and vulnerabilities. If you enjoy the challenge of keeping bad actors at bay network security specialist may be a good next step for you. Learn more about the responsibilities, duties, and daily tasks of security specialists and how they make a difference in their companies. We recommend this course for network and security professionals who are involved in managing and supporting specific Fortinet security products.
Post this Cyber Security Specialist job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
In addition to creating structures to protect interconnected devices, professionals in this sector safeguard sensitive assets for applications and data. At the app level, infrastructure security professionals develop and deploy effective databases to prevent access by bad actors. For data, this field protects information by building structures for backups and encryption. Cybersecurity workers and information security specialists both protect valuable information and data.
- Network administrators manage troubleshooting procedures, requiring them to have both excellencies in technical skills and customer service.
- In addition to creating structures to protect interconnected devices, professionals in this sector safeguard sensitive assets for applications and data.
- According to job postings found on Monster.com in May 2017, additional job duties could include developing network communication policies and installing firewalls.
- In this course, you’ll learn about different types of operations, how to execute them, and why they are important in the dynamic nature of the cloud.
- Information security specialists may handle aspects like multifactor authentication and access to physical information storage areas.
- The Security Specialist will have to identify the compromised machines and will provide a brief of the security measures taken by them.